Re: [Usability] Close buttons on instant-apply dialogs

Pete wrote:

> This would make a lot of vim and vi users *very* unhappy - Esc is used
> to switch to command-mode in both of them.

Kind of unavoidable up to a point, though, given how many shortcuts
emacs swallows for its own evil purposes :o)

If we did something like this though (and I'm not suggesting we should
in this case-- Esc should always mean Cancel, not Close, IMHO), the
usual get-out is that when an editable field has focus, the editor's
shortcuts take priority over its enclosing window's shortcuts.  But of
course it's better to try and minimise the potential conflicts in the
first place.

Cheeri,
Calum.