Re: [Usability] mouse wheel

P G wrote:

> Since the majority of pointing devices are mice,
> and the trend for mice is to have wheels, I think
> there should be a stamdard for handling wheel
> events.  I have some ideas about that.

Mouse wheels are mentioned (very) briefly in the Mouse Interaction
section:

"If present, the scrollwheel should scroll the currently focused window
or control, if it supports scrolling. Suggestion for discussion: If it
supports both horizontal and vertical scrolling, unmodified scrollwheel
should scroll vertically,and Shift-scrollwheel (or perhaps
Ctrl-scrollwheel?) should scroll horizontally."

I didn't try to write any more explicit guidelines for mousewheels,
though, because as I understand it, most GNOME widgets that support
scrolling already support the mouse wheel in a logical way.  I'm happy
to be corrected on this point, though, as I don't have a wheel on my
mouse to test this theory...

Cheeri,
Calum.