Re: [Usability] Re: A bunch of UI issues

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:40:19PM -0500, Dan Maas wrote:
> >  58389 'Active area' for GtkRange
> >
> >   Implementation of cancellation by moving away
> >   from the scrollbar a sufficient distance.
>
> Does this mean "snap the scrollbar back to its previous position if the
> mouse moves X pixels away from it while dragging?"
>
> I find this behavior extremely annoying in Windows. There is no good reason

Extremely annoying is an understatement.  This is the single worst thing for
me about the windows ui.  Or that is, the thing that drives me nuts the most
when I must do something on some windows box.  It's always incredibly
confusing since the screen keeps jumping around on me.

We already have Esc to cancel a DnD operation, would that not be enough?

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   How shall we fuck off, o Lord?