Re: [Usability]HIG: interaction and idiom

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 10:07:46AM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 06:40, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> > Some affordances can present the same general form wherever they appear.
>
> I can not read further than sentences like that.

Sorry.

Strike that. Replace it with:

  An idiom is a common combination of controls that affords a kind of action.

Or just skip over it.

Here's a good example of the kind of section I want from the
Java Look and Feel Design Guidelines: Advanced Topics

  http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/at/book/Idioms.html

Cheers,
Greg Merchan