[Usability]Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.1.4: "We don't need... roads."

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 06:34:50PM +0100, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> Makes me wonder though, why usability bugs can't be release blockers. Or
> can they?

One reason is that a bug either has to be extremely serious or has to
be a regression to be a blocker (i.e. if something wasn't HIG
compliant in 2.0 and didn't block 2.0, it can't block 2.2 either, as
the criteria for 2.2 is basically that releasing it will give users
something better than what they already have).

Declaring a bug a blocker means it might hold back a lot of bugfixes
and improvements from users. A bug needs to be a pretty big deal to
justify that.

Havoc