[Usability]Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.1.4: "We don't need... roads."

<quote who="Reinout van Schouwen">

> Hi Jeff,
>
> > Sure, send your patches to the release team.
>
> I'm a usability guy, not a C coder. (Apart from the fact that I haven't
> been able to build 2.1.x yet - did you get anywhere with the guest account
> I created for you?)

(No, have been using another Solaris box. Thanks.)

> Makes me wonder though, why usability bugs can't be release blockers. Or
> can they?

They haven't been so far, unless "horrifically dangerous to users" could be
regarded as a usability bug. Without enough people writing the patches, and
the pace of our releases at the moment, we're simply not in a position to
impose that on our process or hackers.

- Jeff

--
    "From my observation, when it comes to porting Linux to a particular
           device, a point doesn't appear to be necessary." - mpt