Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

> I would go further than that-- these days, you should be able to do
> everything with only a mouse or only a keyboard, with the exception in
> the latter case of tasks that do inherently require freeform gestural
> input (like paint programs-- although Art Studio was perfectly usable on
> the ZX Spectrum before mice were even available for it!).  And the
> spirit (and possibly even the letter, I don't have it in front of me) of
> the ADA 508 accessibility requirements is pretty much that the "keyboard
> way", or any other accessible way of doing things must not be
> unnecessarily 'slower or clunkier' than using any other input device.

I could not agree more. However IMHO Windows 95 is easier to navigate
without a mouse than Gnome2 is. There are some parts of the gui that you
still cannot get to without my 3 buttoned friend, nevermind having a one
button one.

I know it's not gnome, but the redhat 8.0 mouse configuration dialog is
a very poinent example. I set X to the wrong mouse, it went crazy, and i
get to the mouse configuration program(only cus i happened to have a
terminal open, if i didn't i dont know how i would have got to the
applications menu). Only to find that it has a tree view who's nodes i
cannot for the life of me expand with my keyboard.

Some day I'm gonna unplug my mouse and go throught gnome and file a hat
load of usibility bugs (Alan: bring pizza ;) )

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

	   [ My Weblog: http://advogato.org/person/sisob ]
        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]