Re: [Usability]Some HIG comments

I'm pleased to see the HIG 1.0 document with all the examples. I had to
smile when I saw the Next button in the 6. Assistants examples. It
contains the icon of the right arrow on the right side of the text
"Next" rather than on the left side as other buttons do. This is the way
I've been making my Next buttons for over a year now rather than the old
GNOME way of it being on the left-side which never felt or looked
correct to me (my eye scanned this button differently I suppose). I
couldn't find a rationale for this in the HIG though.

Second, I would like to get a clarification on toolbars and the use of
Quit buttons (Chapter 5 Section 1). It states:

"Don't add buttons for Help. Close or Quit to your toolbar by default,
as these are rarely used and the space is better used for more useful
controls."

In my case, my application is usually started, you do what you need to
do which usually isn't a lot, save and quit so having immediate access
to a Quit button on the toolbar is handy. There are only three other
buttons on the toolbar so I have the space.

So to clarify, it's OK to imply from the above that I could add Quit or
Close if I had the space, right? I've seen Close on a lot of text editor
toolbars in which you might be editing several files and closing some
when done. Are there any exceptions? I realize these are guidelines but
still...

--
regards,

Luciano Chavez