Re: [Usability]Bibliographic gathering

I would prefer to keep the "list" in each category very short (maybe one
to four items). Lets concentrate on choosing the most helpful sources in
each area rather than attempting to be comphrehensive. To provide
breadth we can refer people to a site like http://www.hcibib.org (which
I notice has us listed on their main page, cool!).

Along the same lines, I think an annotated bibliography would be most
helpful (just a parapgraph or two about *why* this is a valuable source
and what it can help with).

While I think we should list the best books, web sites will, in general,
be more advantageous to our readership where a suitable resource is to
be found online. Most HCI professionals already know which books are
useful, and have hopefully read many of them. This list will probably be
most useful to lay usability enthusiasts and programmers who may be more
adverse to dropping money on books. Another point of consideration would
be linking to some specific articles rather than just general sites. So
for example, we might provide a link to the best online article we can
find about usability testing practices.

-Seth