Re: [Usability]Gnome file dialog improvement

While i see a lot of good things in this proposal, one thing that does distrurb me slightly is the over-use of bevels .. (toolbars, location bar, 'save as' bar..) This gives the apaerance of bevels on bevels on bevels, and can confuse the user.. (also the save & cancel buttons on the save-as animated gif are not 'buttons' ?)

All in all i feel the look becomes to multi-layered this way, and to confusing.

If you look at the OsX & WinXP you will notice that the layout is a lot 'plainer' and don't use bevels to seperate entities..

(didn't we go thru this with the 'newer' search dialog? It wen't from multi-beveled to a simpler layout, and now feels a lot better)

   -- Chris

MM wrote:

Made some changes. Including different Open and save dialogs. Separate
vertical scrolling dir/file window and more :P

http://home.wanadoo.nl/sbm/