[Usability]Re: Nautilus preferences proposal

On 28 Apr 2002, David Emory Watson wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 14:32, Dave Bordoley wrote:
>
> > 3. Nautilus is so not a web brower right now. So defining were home goes
> > is silly in that respect. We will not be anything resembling a web
> > browser until both galeon and mozilla are finished being ported and
> > tested.
>
> Yes, but won't it be a web browser in the future?  If so, I see no
> reason to remove the functionally...

Opinions vary on this. Miguel for instance claims that we're forever lost
if we don't make Nautilus a great browser, since all Windows users are
used to this and demand it.

Personally I think that while we should not remove the possibility for
Nautilus to view content of all types (including html) inline, we should
concentrate on making Nautilus a good file manager. Managing files may
include looking at html files, but it does not include full featured
browsing.

Darin, what is your opinion on this?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a superhumanly strong misogynist senator on a search for his missing
sister. She's a man-hating thirtysomething college professor on her way to
prison for a murder she didn't commit. They fight crime!