[Usability]Re: Nautilus preferences proposal

On 28 Apr 2002, David Emory Watson wrote:

> > > I can see your point.  However, when desktop==home it is important to be
> > > able to change where the home button (on the navigation bar) takes you.
> >
> > What do you change it to?
> >

> I don't know.  :)  Maybe we could use Mozilla as a model (they almost do
> exactly like we do).
>
> I guess I just don't think it's that big of a deal.  Almost every web
> browser out there says "Home page" and were not running around trying to
> change that.  So while it might not be the most unambiguous name, I
> doubt that it will lead to much confusion.
>
> I think familiarity should out here (unless someone thinks of an
> outstanding alternative)

I don't think of home in nautilus as a homepage really. Nautilus is a file
manager, and in unix the home directory is a very well specified thing.

Anyway. Lets keep it for now.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a suave vegetarian gentleman spy with a secret. She's a chain-smoking
junkie snake charmer with only herself to blame. They fight crime!