[Usability] Nautilus has a lot of spacing (well uhh everywhere)

I have a question. Nautilus seems to look very different from the other programs of gnome How is this possible and is this done for usability issues, that anyone knows? The Gui has a lot of spacing and it seems to fill up my screen with a lot of whit space and no information. Making me zoom out to the level that I can not read my fonts. Is someone alread
working on this?