Subject: Re: [Usability]Usability: Menu System Proposal
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:25:57 +0100
From: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
To: Christopher Warner <zanee kernelcode com>
CC: usability gnome org, aaron ximian com

Christopher Warner wrote:

> Menus, for a long time, were huge and complicated and unintiutive, and
> so we rearranged them and BOY did people get mad when that happened.
> So.. Naturally people are hesitant to try and "fix" them any more.

Have you checked out Nils' proposal for default menu organisation on the
GUP website?
http://www242.pair.com/nilsp/nils/panel/menus.html

He's also working on a proposal for a menu and panel editor, but I'm not
sure if he's made that publically available yet.

Cheeri,
Calum.