Re: [Usability]Re: Menu guidelines updated

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 00:43, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

    Gkrellm looks like a panel-like program to me from the
    screenshots. (It also looks horribly confussing and illegible but
    maybe it's the kind of thing sysadmins given that, it's pretty
    reasonable for it not to have a title bar as long as it sticks to the
    side of the scren and lets you change what side it's on and the like.

It also depends on just Gtk, so it is fairly easy to install on a server
so you can run it on your workstation's display. Not very fun to install
the Gnome libs just for that.

It is quite a nice app, gives a lot of info for a bit of ram usage. It
also can mount disks etc. Basically nothing we dont have as applets, but
quite nice package combined together.

And it is th3m3abl3 w1th sk1nz! do0d, 1t's c0ol. :-P

Also, the whole point of xmms is that it plays music from your mp3 and
ogg collection and can use all those zillions of WinAmp skins available
out there. Those wont go away anytime soon. We can however design an
official "Gnome" skin that looks right. It's just pixmaps, so nothing
stops a clever artist from making a skin that has a little titlebar and
stuff if we want that. Besides, xmms is not even a Gnome app. It is
doing its job quite well though so it is pretty much the most popular
mp3 player for Linux.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::