Re: GNOME 2.0 Must Fix Item #1b - Panel, General Desktop Interaction

Brian Crescimanno wrote:
> > Application Feedback
> >
> > * Must provide some feedback of any form for launcing applications from
> > panel / run dialog.
>
> Agreed.  I like the old "mouse pointer hourglass" thing....but maybe
> there's room for something new there.

A small applet in the corner of the panel that displays an
hourglass/spinning clock face etc? Or a waking and waning moon on really
slow systems. ;-) The hourglass pointer is useful when a window is
already mapped, but we need to provide feedback before any windows
appear, without interfering with other apps' cursors.

Michael