Presentation and notes about Menu in Gnome 2.0

Hi all,

	I'm new in this list. I'm Sergio, from Spain. I hope can help to improve
this great software.

	I have written comments about the Menu Proposal. Hope you can understand my
english, and hope you find my comments usefull. Here is:

1.- GREAT idea the names like Web Browser - Mozilla. It is very simple for
the user look for a email client (i.e.) and for the medium user look for a
application (Evolution).

2.- The novice user don't know de word "Multimedia". It is better say
"Images", "Sound" and "Video" (three menus), and the posibly icons for each
menu are more descriptive that an icon for "Multimedia". I suggest that
distribution:
	- Sound
		- CD Player
		- Recorder (Sound Recorder repeats the word "sound")
		- Volume
	- Image
		- Editor (GIMP)
		- Viewer
	- Video
		- A Player?
		- A Composer?

It is redundant say Sound - Sound Recorder, or Image - Image Viewer. The user
know that in the Sound menu there are apliccations for sound. It is much
clean.

3.- The menu Productivity is strange. It is much clear "Office". This menu
may contain:
	- Office
		- Calendar (Evolution)
		- Time Tracking Tool
		- Finance Manager (Gnucash)
		- Calculator
		- Dictionary
		- Letter writer

When the user want to work in is "Office", it can un-link this menu from the
main menu, and then all apps needed remains grouped.

4.- The unlink option is great. But a small bar on top of the menu isn't
clear. A icon placed on the menu tittle (the very first item, over the
separator) at the right, is a better solution. When you unlink a menu, the
user can think that the menu have dissapeared from the main menu. When the
menu is unlinked, the title of the menú must have a left-aligned icon that
indicate "re-link this menu to the main menu" (maybe arrows?).

5.- The menu's rightclick menu (that is, the menu that appear when you right
click in the menu or a item) must have the option "Add item to this menu...",
"Remove item..." and "Properties" in a separate group.

6.- A menu must have an option to convert the menu into a "cajón" (I don't
know the english translation of that: a icon that display a small vertical
panel when clicked located in the panel).

7.- The foot icon and the actions MUST be inside a 3D button. Buttons tell
the user "Click me".

8.- The actions menu must be inside the main menu. If not, the panel get very
populated (two mains buttons) and will be inclear for the usr. The user that
want the actions menu directly in the panel, can click the icon explained in
comment #6.

So, my sugestion for the panel are:

Foot inside 3D Button
(small space)
Web browser
E-Mail
Files (NOT "home", "user home" or similar. This is very confusing for the
novice).
Terminal
Help

And the main menu: