Re: [Usability] My take on Nautilus must-fix proposal

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 11:19:48PM -0700, George wrote:
>> shows a sample stippled shadow falling on a gnome-terminal.
>> They are only OK when the shadow is fairly small.
> This is pretty nice.  It think this would work quite nicely.  May not be
> as good as alpha blending where you could get all fancy, but it's nice clean
> and gets the point across.

It actually works very well in practice.  I thought of trying to add it to
gtk using a theme, then realised (1) gtk themes couldn't make windows
larger, and (2) it belonged in the window manager.  I'd really like a
"shadows" option in sawthingy :)

Liam Quin - XML Core staff contact, W3C,
Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley August 2000
Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999; Mastering XML, Sybex 2001