Re: [Usability] Window contents changing

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 14:24, Calum Benson wrote:

    > The content area of the window is kept the same
    > size in the case of turning off toolbars or the like on a document
    > window. This looks really slick and feels right.

    That sounds slightly daft to me-- usually the whole point of turning off
    toolbars is because you want a bigger content area.  (Which is indeed
    how it works in IE5 on 8.6... my Mac is too old to run OSX  :)

This also would concern on the "Show more/less" buttons on dialogs that
expand for "advanced" stuff (Setup tools at least have those)

I agree with Maciej that it would make things more clear as what
happened when you clicked that silly button.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::