[Usability] Re: Keyboard navigation- outstanding issues

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain sun com> writes:

> > > The default behavior for GtkTextView is allow_tab_character so I will assume
> > > that is the correct default for multiline fields.
> >
> > I'm a little confused; GtkTextView doesn't have a allow_tab_character
> > property or anything equivalent. Do you mean "the only behavior
> > for GtkTextView currently is to allow tabs so if we add
> > a allow_tab_character property it should default to TRUE?
>
> I have the code written to define an allow_tab_character property with a default
> value of TRUE for GtkTextView but I was hoping to get a view of whether my
> earlier code changes were along the right lines before submitting more code
> changes.

Since these allow_tab_character patches are basically just API
feature addition (they don't change existing behavior unless you
set set them to non-default values), my question here would be:

 Are they compellingly useful?

Will people ever want to set "allow_tabs" to TRUE for GtkEntry widgets
or allow_tabs to FALSE for GtkText widgets?

Regards,
                                        Owen