Re: [Usability] Re: RFE - API change from GtkMessageDialog to GtkAlert

Gregory Merchan wrote:

> I'm not sure this is necessary. Alerts should not have a Help button
> and can use the secondary area for spacing as I showed before:
>
> |                 ( Altern )      ( Cancel ) ((   OK   )) |
> +---------------------------------------------------------+
>  \_______________/\        \______/                       /
>         (1)        \          (2)                        /
>                     \___________________________________/
>                                       (3)

I'm still not convinced (2) has to be different from the space between
Cancel and OK at all, it just seems to add another arbitrarily-sized
dimension into the design, which I think ends up looking scrappy.
Normally you should be trying to minimise the number of alignment points
in a dialog, not introduce new ones.

But, as they say on all the best toothpaste ads, I'm not a graphic
designer...

Cheeri,
Calum.