[Usability] Re: help browser plan

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 20:07, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> tis 2001-11-27 klockan 03.49 skrev Havoc Pennington:
> >
> > Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:

> > > It could be one choice (the default even) for the web view, yes. That
> > > would be very nice.
> >
> > But then we are back to having to stabilize GtkHTML2 for arbitrary web
> > pages, and even adding features such as JavaScript to it.
>
> Is JavaScript really needed in the web-view in Nautilus?
> ie. do people use this as there primary browser?

	Well a lot of people use the News sidebar and browse headlines directly
from there. But I think we need to be sure about whether we intend on
letting Nautilus be used as a full-fledged browser.

	Don't forget however, that after GNOME 1.4, where it was touted as
being full-featured because of the fact it used the mozilla rendering
engine, moving to something much less featured would be viewed as a step
back.

	Of course, I am not sure how much of a concern that really is but we
_definitely_ need a fast and light help browser. I have seen hundreds of
people in the facility I used to administer back at university where
people found it very slow and became very impatient.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M                    <ravi ximian com>
                        <http://primates.ximian.com/~ravi>