Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.
- From: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- To: "Sergio A. Kessler" <sergio_kessler hotmail com>
- Cc: "David Moles" <david moles vykor com>, <usability gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.
- Date: 19 Nov 2001 14:47:50 -0500
"Sergio A. Kessler" <sergio_kessler hotmail com> writes:
> ha ??
> what you've found is a very, /very/ geekish way to
> acomplish a task, at expenses of the confusion of most
> people out there...
I don't think it's geekish -- it's just potentially redundant.
> jonathan, if something confuse you for a second,
> it will confuse newbies for the rest of their life...
> (or at least when they try gnome, before ditching it
> out because gnome is too hard/confusing to use)
I wasn't confused -- I just felt it wasn't necessary. Since then, I've
changed my mind. I find I use that icon more often than either the
start menu or the panel icon. Additionally, claiming that this feature
will drive people away from GNOME is overstating the claim a bit. I
don't care too much one way or another -- I just wanted to let people
know that I actually use this feature...
] [Thread Prev