[Usability] "Three Traps" (from Cooper Interaction Design newsletter)

Hey folks...

Thought this might be of interest to some of you. It's from a newsletter put out by a software design consulting firm in Palo Alto. I'm not sure how Trap 2 ('First to Market') might or might not apply to GNOME work, but Trap 1 ('Start with Technology') and Trap 3 ('Have the Most Features') are definitely relevant. I think the latter, in fact, is very relevant to our conversation on preferences.

http://www.cooper.com/newsletters/2001_11/three_traps.htm

Later,
Adam