[Usability] Re: Any lefties around?

On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 16:47, Charles Kerr wrote:
> I dunno how this maps to online reading, but 9 times out of 10 I highlight
> the line/paragraph that I'm on while reading.

I'm righthanded, and I do it all the time. Not the current line though,
but the paragraph I'm reading, it isn't necessarily a full paragraph,
and I change/redo the selection every few seconds. This only happens
when I have the mouse in my hand and I don't have anything to click with
it. If I'm unable to highlight, I just move the cursor around, beyond my
eye focus. It's impossible for me to hold a mouse and hold it still. I'm
having actually trouble now because of it, since highlight is broken in
evolution. When text is selected, the bg color changes but the text
color doesn't, like in any other gtk+ program. And since black isn't
really visible on dark blue, I can't see the text I'm reading.

What's scary is that after I wrote that paragraph, and started
proofreading it, I highlighted it.

--
Ville Pätsi -- drc gnome org