[Usability] Re: Any lefties around?
- From: murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming)
- To: Peter Williams <peterw ximian com>
- Cc: Charles Kerr <charles kerr nssl noaa gov>, "usability gnome org" <usability gnome org>, Gnome Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>, gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: [Usability] Re: Any lefties around?
- Date: 03 Nov 2001 20:30:57 +0100
On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 20:09, Peter Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 09:47, Charles Kerr wrote:
> > > Do all left-handers write like this, or is it further proof of the freakish
> > > genes I have inherited?
> > Another data point: I'm left-handed, and write like that for the same reason.
> I'm a "weak" lefty: write with my left, but basically as a mirror image
> of righties. I put my hand below whatever I'm writing to prevent
> smudging. I mouse with my right hand.
> > I dunno how this maps to online reading, but 9 times out of 10 I highlight
> > the line/paragraph that I'm on while reading.
> Me too. My (right-handed) brother thinks I'm a nut for doing this. It'd
> be very odd if this had to do with handedness...
I once knew someone who memorized textbooks by highlighting the lines as
she read them. The whole book would end up highlighted. It was quite
murrayc usa net
] [Thread Prev