[Usability] Re: Button ordering

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 03:53:36PM -0600, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> All the evidence thusfar indicates that Apple were the ones who actually
> looked into this and IBM (followed by Motif and Windows) probably only
> did othewise to avoid lawsuits. By the time IBM OS/2 2.1 was released, IBM
> had started using the same sequence as Apple but reversed and so placing OK
> and similar buttons (e.g., Save and Find) consistenly in the lower _left_
> corner; however, it was probably too late for Windows or Motif to change by
> that time.

	I was actually used to the OS/2 style from way back, and prefer
[ Ok/Save/Open ] to be on the bottom left, but i figure folks have
already decided against this, so I didn't want to mention it.  I
actually think that a blank lower-left corner looks ugly :-)

Joel

--

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to
 appreciate it."

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org