Re: GNOME user environment brainstorming

azari geo yahoo com (2001-05-28 at 1529.34 -0700):
> multiply desktop thing to be very cool.  I think a
> neat thing to have would be a program that could
> actully teach you about some of the features of gnome,
> like a guided totorial or something.  Also, another

I had that idea some weeks ago. Currently it is only a non working
Glade project, but the idea was to give a small tour of basic
concepts, using the real things, at least the first time the user
enter GNOME (or later if the user wants to learn more, in the same way
you can luanch help when you want). It will allow you to play with
real desktop items, so users will learn and at the same time leave
things as they want. I guess it will also provide a backup feature, to

I thought about it days before seeing Ximian's Doorman. I got some
nice comments from people, remembered where I saw it first (MS Works
had some kind of working tutorials, years ago) and after testing
Doorman with my sister (aka do a Control Center tour cos Doorman
teachs nothing about daily tasks) I think it could work. Even better
if it can become some kind of widget or app that allows anyone to
create tutorials for any app easily.

For the next month or so I will be busy, but after that I would kindly
accept any help with coding (my GUI coding is near 0, only a pair of
stupid Java apps, where the important was the comms, not the UI),
better if it can be done as team, with the other(s) caring more about
the code in the begining.

GSR