Re: SV: Default button in dialogs

john erling blad aftenposten no (2001-05-14 at 1421.55 +0200):
>   o A well-defined function key system that can replace the menubar with
>     default translation as appropriate
>
>     In this you could define something like a "File" function key, that
>     will open the "file" submenu. This submenu will then become the
>     present level and replace some/all keybindings accordingly.
>
>     (Some systems with non-standard menubars would run into troubles)

Sounds like HP48 row of keys, it paints the function over the six
keys, so you can activate things with them. And I though a similar
method for the damn mobile phones, so you could enter messages with an
low average number of keystrokes, not a complete pain when you have to
reach last letter of a group of six... and you fail having to reach it
again.

>   o Well defined button rules for 1, 2, 3 and 4 button mouse, roller-balls,
>     rubber-mouse, glide-mouse, whatever.. And again with the option of
>     replacing those rules by your own private ones.
>
>     Now it is up to each application to define the bindings for the
>     pointing device buttons but this should be uniform across all apps.
>     Some apps uses <1> for drag, some <2>. Some uses [Ctrl]<1>
>     for incremental select, some uses <2>.
>
>     These rules should include such weird things as "magic wand" and
>     "exterminate monster with magic gizmo no 42".

Yeah! I am very pissed of apps that use middle mouse for one thing
when I have become acostumed to use it to drag around (Gimp). It would
be nice to remap things like mouse buttons or keyboards or window
manager features can be.

GSR