[no subject]

> >> And if XML is too hard to use from shell scripts, let's fix that.
> >
> > How? /me wants to know how to handle XML with sh. :]
>
> Accessing an env var isn't automatically easy either.
>     export MENU
> now what are you going to do? :-)

Well actually, the env vars were only used to hold paths
	ie. export MENU = /opt/gnome/share/app:/etc/app/:/opt/kde/share/app
for the location of the .desktop files...We're ever planning to store
.desktop files as env vars??? [or maybe I'm mis-understanding the suituation?]

> We write a program to access XMl from teh shell, of course, e.g. with libxml.
>     xmlget XPathexpression
>     xmlset XPathexpression filename [file...] < newdata
>
> If you're changing the desktop format agreed upon by KDE and Gnome, you
> can also supply a new program to access it.  And if it's a general
> program, we all benefit.

This sounds good :)

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)