Re: New menu standard

[ Please CC. the xdg-list on this thread always ]

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 12:26:58AM +0200, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> jirka 5z com (2001-06-02 at 1447.45 -0700):
> > I don't think an XML file would be good.  Imagine this, you have to install
> > the file in your Makefile, how do you do it?  Parsing an xml file from a
> > script is not nice, parsing a PATH type env var is pretty simple.
>
> We talked about it in IRC, a env var seemed to be accepted. The other
> topic is how to create a standard for the desktop files that works for
> all projects and is easy to use but covering all we need; I dunno
> how that ended.

We already have a standard.  It's based on the current .desktop and KDE afaik
already uses the 1.0 version standard .desktop files.  What we are looking
with the new standard is just extending this slightly, that is, adding two
keys to the file and a standard location to put them.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   In the fight between you and the world, back the world.