Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 01:20:55PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> David Moles wrote:
>
> > Doesn't deskguide let you do that? (Middle button, IIRC.)
>
> Eek, another contravention of the styleguide :)
>
> /me votes that in deskguide, left-click should focus windows/switch
> workspaces, left-drag should move windows around, right-click should
> pop-up the applet context menu, middle-click should do nothing, and
> middle-drag should drag the actual applet like it does with every other
> flippin' applet.

I've been trying to get people to let go of the middle and right click
for applet purposes (I can understand taking over the right click
sometimes though for say tasklist per task context menus).  In fact you had
to use a sort of a hack if you wanted to get the middle click for yourself.
That didn't stop anyone :)

George