Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

Havoc Pennington wrote:
[...]
> The viewport concept seems easier to explain in one sense (you have
> one big screen and can look at 4 parts of it), but some other things
> don't make sense (you have to pretend the panel is "stuck to the
> glass" to explain its behavior). Desktops have a straightforward
> conceptual explanation too; you have 4 "screens" and can move between
> them. Of course both of them are too complicated for many users
> anyway...

Yeah. This is why I personally dislike desktops in Sawfish and like
viewports better -- because using desktops breaks the concept of
geometry and I suddenly can't move between the views like they are laid
out in the pager (2×2).
Getting this sorted out would be a big plus. Thanks for digging into
this.

Christian