Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> I agree with that. When I say "workspaces" I mean "the one thing that we
> have that works correctly" - traditionally, the workspace/viewport
> distinction refers to how they are implemented in the window manager,
> which is just insanity.

I'd suggest that what Sawfish refers to as 'viewports' is "the one thing
that we have that works correctly".

For instance, I can set a key combination to change viewports (M-Left and
M-Right to go left and right), and a similar one to change viewports taking
the current window with me (C-M-Left and C-M-Right).

I can't do that with workspaces. They're designed to *not* be coherent parts
of a larger work area, which seems less sensible for our final choice.

- Jeff

--
                              Perl - The Movie
                        Starring 'Weird' Al Yankovic