Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 14:32, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> On 7 Dec 2001, David Moles wrote:
>
> > > The OS/2 WPS extension "XWorkplace" includes a pager that lets you drag
> > > mini windows within the pager from one desktop to another. I just miss
> >
> > Doesn't deskguide let you do that? (Middle button, IIRC.)
>
> Hmm, I never noticed that possibility, but still it lets me only drag mini
> windows -within- a workspace, not -across- workspaces, which reduces the
> helpfulness of it to practically zero. After all, if I wanted to move a
> window within a workspace, wouldn't I do that while I was on that
> workspace itself?

That's what I'm seeing on mine, too, but I think it might be related
to having edge-flipping turned off entirely (I got tired of flipping
when I was trying to hit the menu or the panel, and decided I could
live with using function keys). Have you got edge-flipping on or off?
Another possibility is that it works with "viewports" but not with
"workspaces". Or it might be WM-dependent (are you using sawfish)?
Or I might be smoking crack, I admit. :)

All of which just goes to show Havoc's right about wanting to cut
down on the number of options.... :)