RE: [Usability] window manager configuration

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Tom Musgrove wrote:

> It would be really useful if those who use some of the obscure features
> would document why they are valuable.
>
> Thus we could at the least document why it should be included.

As for the FFM delay I mentioned: with immedeate FFM the display gets very
"flickery" if you have lots of windows open and move the mouse to the
other side of the screen and all windows the pointer happens to move over
are focused at once.

With delayed FFM, the pointer is already somewhere else by the time the
delay would have expired, when the user wanted to point at something
elsewhere on the display. This results in a more calm "image" of the
display.

(sorry I can't find all the right English words for the concepts I want
to describe..)

--

Reinout van Schouwen
e-mail    : reinout cs vu nl