Re: [Usability] window manager configuration

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> writes:
> <quote who="Calum Benson">
>
> > The ability to drag a window from one workspace to another is quite
> > nice, but I guess that's not strictly the same thing.  (Does that
> > currently rely on edge-flipping being on?  I think so, but I can't
> > remember).
>
> You can make it so that edge flipping only works when you're dragging a
> window around.

Or do as Metacity does right now, which is you need to use keybindings
to do this. (Pick up window, move spaces via keyboard, drop window.)

> > It would be useful if the workspace names showed up in the deskguide and
> > in the "Send Window To..." menu in Sawfish, but they never have for me...
> > are they supposed to?  It's pretty pointless being able to name workspaces
> > if the names don't actually show up anywhere.
>
> Exactly. ;)

Right, the idea is that it'd be in the pager.

Pager property box could have a choice of what to show in each
mini-desktop:
 - show workspace numbers
 - show workspace names
 - show the little window icons (as we do now)

If you don't show window icons the pager is purely to swap workspaces,
nothing else.

Havoc