Re: [Usability] Re: GNOME 2 screenshot - GDict design

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 09:31:24PM +0200, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> I personally use "wordinspect" which is available as a debian package.
> It is simple, elegant and nice.
>     http://tigert.gimp.org/files/screenshots/wordinspect.png

It does identify the sources used, which helped.  Does it have a
pop-up menu that lets you look up any selected word or phrase?
You should be able to look up words that appear in definitions.

And, does it work in languages other than English?

I'd say that wordinspect looks pretty ugly, speaking as a typographer :-)
In general, if you're using bold italic on a light background, you
are probably doing somethig wrong somewhere... although there are always
exceptions to generalisations like that.

I'd add "copy" and "select all" buttons, and "save as" (html, text,
xml, or maybe rtf).  So you'd want a menu and toolbar for that.

Best,

Liam

--
Liam Quin - XML Core staff contact, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/