Re: Quit/Exit/Close

(If anybody wonders what we are discussing, it's
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/wordlist.html)

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> > Some of this is already in the terminology section of the GDP style
> >
> > Although "exit" may need to be added. This should probably be discussed
> > on gnome-doc-list gnome org  What do you think?
>
> It's the first time I see that document, but 'exit' is already defined
> under the section 'quit' and there's a rationale for when to use Exit and
> when Quit. I assumed the differences came from developer preferences
> only, but apparently they do not.

I should have read it more thouroghly the first time. Sorry.
Yes, all three of quit/exit/close are mentioned, and the rules for use
of "exit" are under "quit". You're completely right.

> This shows that the style guide and the human interface guide should be
> closely coupled IMHO.

They are slated to be. AFAIK, the recommendation from the HIG team in
the Mini-HIG will be to use the GDP Word List terminology.

Christian