Re: Quit/Exit/Close

Christian,

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Christian Rose wrote:

> Some of this is already in the terminology section of the GDP style
>
> Although "exit" may need to be added. This should probably be discussed
> on gnome-doc-list gnome org  What do you think?

It's the first time I see that document, but 'exit' is already defined
under the section 'quit' and there's a rationale for when to use Exit and
when Quit. I assumed the differences came from developer preferences
only, but apparently they do not.

This shows that the style guide and the human interface guide should be
closely coupled IMHO.

--

Reinout van Schouwen
e-mail    : reinout cs vu nl

"The world of technology is dominated by two kinds of people:
 Those who manage what they do not understand, and those who
 understand what they do not manage." -comment read on Slashdot