Re: Where software lives

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 01:37:07PM -0400, Erik Pukinskis wrote:
> When a new user installs Linux, the distro installs hundreds of application,
> a large portion of which are GUI applications.  But only a handful of those
> show up in the foot menu.

Mandrake (which I am using) tends to patch programs as necessary to make
them appear in the menus, and also has a "menudrake" program that builds
shared menus for KDE, Gnome, and other desktops.

They shouldn't have to do patches, though.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org