Re: Task folders and a task manager

On 20 Aug 2001, Gregory Merchan wrote:

> I scantly recall a feature from OS/2 to which I think we should have a
> parallel in GNOME. Since I don't recall the OS/2 system very well, I'll
> just describe what I'm thinking about for GNOME.

IIRC this feature is called 'Work Area'. You can open the properties of
any folder object on your desktop and check an option so that that folder
becomes a work area.

> This must not conflict with the operation of a session manager, but
> instead be another layer on top of it; perhaps called a task manager.

If only for the reason that 'Task Manager' is what you get when you press
C-A-D in windows, this is not a good name.

But I agree that lots more good features of the Workplace Shell should be
incorporated in GNOME! :-)

regards,
--

Reinout van Schouwen
e-mail    : reinout cs vu nl

"The world of technology is dominated by two kinds of people:
 Those who manage what they do not understand, and those who
 understand what they do not manage." -comment read on Slashdot