UI Tests

At the meeting this morning, we discussed the possibility of setting up
usability tests for many GNOME applications to get user input on these
issues (for a complete description of what I'm talking about, you can
check out the meeting minutes when they are posted).

In any event, I thought I'd get a thread started about that issue here.
I've already begun work on the Nautilus-UI test, and it should be ready
and posted to this list fairly soon.

What are thoughts and opinions about doing this same type of thing for
other applications, and if so, do we need to start generating volunteers
to write the usability tests (though I would presume they could be the
same people who are currently doing the must-fix lists)

Seth mentioned the concept of having these usability tests in a
centralized location.  When he brought that up, it occurred to me that
we, as the Usability Project, have very minimal presence online (a
simple project page on GNOME.org is hardly presence).  I think an issue
we might need to discuss further is getting ourselves out there a bit
more, and developing a more 'concrete" presence.

Just some jumbled thoughts after the meeting (and hardly enough sleep).

Brian