Re: GNOME 2.0 Menu design

snickell stanford edu (2001-08-13 at 1823.05 -0700):
> > > "Create and edit images" -> "Retouch photographs or create new images"
> > Eeer, only photographs? Then 3D images are photographs? Or another app
[...]
> GIMP is, for all intents and purposes an attempt to recreate the
> facilities of Adobe Photoshop. A lot of the functionality in Photoshop,
> and hence in GIMP is geared towards the editing of photos. So we talk
[...]

People use GIMP to edit 3D, fractals, logos and other images that are
not photographs, I doubt they are forcing GIMP into doing things it
was not designed for, that is why I say your description is IMO wrong.
Also GIMP = GNU Image Manipulation Program, and people use Photoshop
in similar ways, the inclusion of "photo" in the name is just that.

GSR