[Fwd: Re: GNOME 2.0 App Menu Structure Rev4]

this one too....
--- Begin Message ---
I like the idea, but something just doesn't ring right about it to me.

I can't really put my finger on it, but something about having a
description of the menu item in place of the name of the application
just doesn't seem right to me.

I think, as the "official GNOME Authority" on usability, we might
actually want to encourage developers NOT to name their applications
with the incredibly annoying "GApp" standard.

Because of that standard, we suffer from a severe lack of creativity in
the application name department (thank the lord for Nautilus and
Evolution).

I'd hate to try to get all the already existing ones changed...but if we
encourage it...maybe we'll get somewhere.  *shrug*

Brian