Re: Gnome/Mozilla for an Internet Cafe

Jim Roland wrote:

I've already tried to run Mozilla in a pure-X environment, however it has a
bug where it refuses to accept any input from the keyboard.  This was a
known bug, like the others, that Mozilla is either slow or incapable of
solving.  It appears that Mozilla is requiring the window manager to provide
it with input instead of X.  I also can't use X because I don't know the X
resource name (and it's not the same as Netscape) to supply a "maximize
window" geometry so I can force it full screen.  I would love to not be
forced to use a titlebar, it will prevent someone from screwing with the
session settings.

My other problem is that the damn browser (Mozilla again) refuses to run
(maybe gnome itself) because it can't write to the home directory, which I
would love to deny write priviledges to the guest account.  I'm using
Mozilla mainly because it's newer and has a decent look & feel, but it's
proving impossible to configure the way I want at the OS-level.  I've been
able to kludge certain settings with javascript thus far.

If you download the source and work from the example given in the embedded directory, it is a hour hack to make a full screen no frills browser. I've done it, and I am not anywhere near being a C++ coder.

-b

--
Please note - If you do not have the same beliefs as we do, you are
going to burn in Hell forever.