Re: [Tracker] Add support for OMA DRM Content format
- From: Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com>
- To: Aleksander Morgado <aleksander lanedo com>
- Cc: "tracker-list gnome org" <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Add support for OMA DRM Content format
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:23:55 +0000
On 18/02/11 09:00, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
First, why do you write your emails twice? :-/
I want to add support for OMA DRM Content Format (DCF), an encrypted
file format. Here is my solution:
(1) I've registered *.dcf files in shared-mime-info, MIME type is
(2) We developed a DRM-aware GStreamer file source plug-in that can
decrypt the protected content. So GStreamer can play the content and
extract meta data from it. This means the GStreamer extractor can be
re-used to extract metadata.
Just wondering, why not just add "application/vnd.oma.drm.content" to
the list of mimetypes the gstreamer extractor can handle?
We don't usually do that for generic extractors because it depends on
their extensions. GStreamer may or may not have the extension installed
to deal with this format.
Plus we write our own extractors if generic ones aren't fast enough - so
I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing having a specific extractor
for this case.
] [Thread Prev