[Tracker] Question about the internals of Tracker and extractors
- From: Ken Schmedding <schmedk gmail com>
- To: tracker-list <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: [Tracker] Question about the internals of Tracker and extractors
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 08:23:16 -0400
I have been working on extending tracker support for several things my org needs. We needed support for UTF-16 in the text extractor and we needed an rtf extractor. This has brought up two questions from issues I am seeing running with prototypes of the new extractors.
1. While processing large text files I can get a shutdown timeout. Is there a way to increase this and is it #define QUIT_TIMEOUT 30 /* 1/2 minutes worth of seconds */ in tracker-main.c. Is there also a relation to #define MAX_EXTRACT_TIME 10 in tracker-extract.c?
2. I am seeing some errors while processing large files in the debug log.They look like this:
Tracker: Got DBus timeout error on 'file:///some file', but it could not be caused by it. Retrying file.
Tracker: Could not process 'file:///some file': Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
It seems that I am processing so much I may have exceeded some timeout. Is there any way to change this, and where would it be?
] [Thread Prev