Re: [Tracker] Can i directly use Tracker API with application
- From: Ivan Frade <ivan frade gmail com>
- To: Philip Van Hoof <spam pvanhoof be>
- Cc: tracker-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Can i directly use Tracker API with application
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 12:13:17 +0300
On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Philip Van Hoof <spam pvanhoof be>
You can access Tracker's API directly by calling D-Bus functions.
On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 17:15 +0530, John p wrote:
> i am developing simple search application using tracker. can i use
> tracker API directly and integrate tracker with my application
> or i have to register my application to tracker using libclient for
> accessing tracker utility?
This is documented:
You can call tracker without any special registration. We provide libtracker-client as a convenience for C developers (and our command line tools), wrapping some DBus code and encoding help functions.
So, if your application is in C, use libtracker-client. If it is in vala or python or other languages with easier DBus integration, go for the DBus API.
] [Thread Prev