Re: [Tracker] Tracker and SQLite
- From: Martyn Russell <martyn imendio com>
- To: Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang gmail com>
- Cc: Tracker mailing list <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Tracker and SQLite
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:50:40 +0000
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
Is backend independence still on the TODO list or we sticking with
+1 to what Ivan said. This process takes some time and the leg work is
done so to speak. There are some parts which are very difficult, complex
and don't make sense to generalise at this point.
If we wanted to write another backend, we would have a lot less work
than before of course, but the connection management would need writing.
This part is quite tricky for SQLite. We can write a more generic
interface here if we need to and if we find it makes sense depending on
] [Thread Prev